• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    The same as it will be for the <insert the name of any other industry here> industry. From the lowest office temp to the top board members, people are inherently greedy and want to make more money. In realising that goal then their company enjoys growth, greater profits, increased capital etc. The EU is more of a braking force than a driving force in this respect (how long does it take them to agree a trade deal? e.g. India, 10+ years and counting.)

All this tulip about "We're moving 400 staff to Ireland, Frankfurt" etc. is just
    So how do you think the UK's relationship with the EU will play out in terms of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive?

Do you think UK based channels will be able to continue broadcasting to the EU as they do now (bearing in mind 'country of origin' status)?

Will there be an impact on UK exports when UK produced programmes are no longer defined as 'European works'? UK content will no longer have this particular edge over US produced content.

The UK economy is a beneficiary of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive. If only we had some media studies graduates around, but of course xoggy sneers at experts in this area of the UK economy.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Please provide some evidence that productivity has improved as you claimed.
      Your posts seem to be a bit hysterical as in "La la la, there's no bad news, it's ALL GOOD news, la la la and I'm going to label any real evidence, facts and figures as "ant-Brexit""
      Quite so. But it does seem we are just tipping from the 'Talking the economy up' phase into the the 'Blame the EU and Remoaners for the failure of Brexit' phase.

Comment

Right lets stoop to Remoaner level; jeez this is degrading. OK, 9,000 jobs going.

<1 minute Google search>

Financial services employee numbers at highest level since crisis hit

Research by TheCityUK finds that 2.1m people now work in finance and related professional services - the highest level since 2008
        9/2100 = 0.4%

Would that be a better headline?

2.091 Million banking jobs to stay in UK after Brexit

Hence why us Brexiters don't need to post links to doom and gloom stories, there's plenty of facts out there if you go and look for them instead.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Right lets stoop to Remoaner level; jeez this is degrading. OK, 9,000 jobs going.

<1 minute Google search>

9/2100 = 0.4%

Hence why us Brexiters don't need to post links to doom and gloom stories, there's plenty of facts out there if you go and look for them instead.
          So you admit you completely lied about UK productivity being up? I suppose it is a Brexiter modus operandi.
          Not to mention your link is from 2014

Jeez, you need to calm down and put your brain cell to use. You're coming across as slightly unhinged, not to mention thick as mince.
          Last edited by sasguru; 8 August 2017, 09:49.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            So how do you think the UK's relationship with the EU will play out in terms of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive?
            I couldn't give a flying tulip, is that some EU red tape? Reading between the lines I get the impression you're struggling to find work/career progression in your chosen industry and so are blaming Brexit for all your problems. There's plenty of work out there, trust me.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

<1 minute Google search>

9/2100 = 0.4%

I am super-impressed that you have taken the figure of 2.1 million jobs, then looked at:

The largest global banks in London plan to move about 9,000 jobs to the continent in the next two years, public statements and information from sources shows, as the exodus of finance jobs starts to take shape.
              And then calculated that 2.091 Million banking jobs are to stay in UK after Brexit.

You almost couldn't make it up, but it's a great example of Brexiteer thinking. I guess you have to blame the education system.

Comment

I couldn't give a flying tulip, is that some EU red tape? Reading between the lines I get the impression you're struggling to find work/career progression in your chosen industry and so are blaming Brexit for all your problems. There's plenty of work out there, trust me.
                I think you're living proof of the premise of this thread
                I 'm glad there's plenty of work for low-level operatives like you - it's obvious from your posts you won't be doing any tasks that require a high level of cognitive ability.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you don't care whether the UK will be able to export TV programmes as easily to the EU? And you don't care whether UK based TV channels will be able to broadcast to the EU?

Well, I guess not caring is a more honest position than claiming that it won't impact on UK economy and jobs.

Comment

Three points is not enough

Remoaners on the other hand, as I already stated, still feel this need after nearly 14 months.
                    Sorry rl4. The country did not vote to leave the EU. Half the population voted for an utterly impossible dream. It can't happen.

True you can live in cloud cuckoo land for quite a while yet. Our shambles of a government doesn't seem to have made any progress on anything so right now we are only suffering minor setbacks to the UK Economy but if if the Government start doing something, they won't be able to find Brexit. Nobody has postulated what that might look like. All the discussion is around soft brexits which will be fiercely rejected by the leave dreamers.

We remainers are not practising sour grapes. We are pointing out that the patient, albeit back on the ward, is actually oozing blood and in due course will start to suffer from gangrene. I'm sorry r14, it's not what you hoped for but you've got to face up to reality in due course. The referendum did not mean leave voters could actually get any of what mysterious things they were really thinking they would get. As the body starts to degrade, people in authority will start to intervene. That's starting to happen already.

Be prepared for a lot more reversals. As I said previously, the referendum was not the war; it was just the first battle. You won it, but only just.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      Sorry rl4. The country did not vote to leave the EU. Half the population voted for an utterly impossible dream. It can't happen.
                      Of course it can happen, and in my view it will. But the impact will be significant, and it is important to be honest about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X