• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on"

But it never stops...

For those farmers who voted for Brexit

Farm subsidies will have to be earned rather than just handed out in future, the Environment Secretary Michael Gove has said in a speech.
    Home - BBC News
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

But it never stops...

Home - BBC News
      Oh no people have to earn money rather than being given it for free....

What is the world coming to?

(ps can I have the address of your magic money tree?)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        And you sound like the kind of great leader who did us proud at Balaclava. Lord Tennyson's poem could easily be modfied to cover Brexit. https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...-light-brigade.
        Best poem Tennyson ever wrote, I reckon.

Well that and Break, Break, Break which as might be guessed he wrote after the death of a close friend:

Break, break, break,
        On thy cold grey stones, O Sea!
        And I would that my tongue could utter
        The thoughts that arise in me.

O well for the fisherman's boy,
        That he shouts with his sister at play!
        O well for the sailor lad,
        That he sings in his boat on the bay!

And the stately ships go on
        To their haven under the hill;
        But O for the touch of a vanish'd hand,
        And the sound of a voice that is still!

Break, break, break,
        At the foot of thy crags, O Sea!
        But the tender grace of a day that is dead,
        Will never come back to me.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Hush now, the big boys are talking.
          Run off and find ShaunBhoy and Original PM, they're in a sandpit somewhere.
          Indeed. And what are you doing while the big boys are talking?

I know, you're standing in the dunce corner with a snotty nose shouting "Miss! Miss! ...if I pull my willy weally weally hard will it get weally long like the big boys". And you haven't moved on from that phase really, have you.

Comment

Eventually the UK will join the Euro and become a fully fledged member of Europe.
            But not until a great deal of pain and reality checking is gone through.
            Being in the EU enabled the UK to piggy back on it and play the big boy.
            But on its own the weaknesses of the UK economy: the large deficits, the reliance on debt-fuelled conusmption, the tiny manufacturing sector, the over-reliance of foreign investment and a massive housing ponzi scheme will be painfully exposed.
            I can't see us joining the Euro it's been a disaster for most countries other than Germany.

Being in the UK didn't enable UK to be anything. If Germany and France opposed Britain tough, our only power was to veto proposals and offer some kind of bridge to the USA. We made some of the rules as long as buddies Germany and France agreed and to a large extent France is very much the junior partner to Germany.

UK has a large advanced service sector, it's not a failure of the UK. Our country went down the path of deciding that most low end manufacturing would go to cheaper countries. So we have high end manufacturing, other advanced industries and finance.

Most countries in the EU are running a deficit. Guess what even countries without a deficit like Germany have lent hundreds of billions to these indebted countries. You think if there is a collapse of Spain, Italy, Portugal that Germany will be untouched, when their banks are bankrupt.

Stop being a dick and see the world for how it is.

Comment

Ireland, Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal had debt problems not a currency problem.

Iceland and Romania were also begging at the IMF and they didn't have the Euro. Iceland and Ireland both had identical problems, both have recovered. Greece's problem was similar to Argentina, Argentina doesn't have the Euro. Argentina is still a basket case.

If there was spiraling inflation or rocketing interest rates that would be a currency problem. The Euro has delivered precisely what it says on the packet, stability and low interest rates.

...and those that argue without the Euro Greece could have simply raised even more debt to dig themselves out using QE are in cuckoo land.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 July 2017, 13:41.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Stop being a dick and see the world for how it is.
                Maybe that's what your kids will tell you when they can't find jobs and can't automatically travel to a European country in search of them.
                Good luck.
                But like I said, time to stop talking about it. The die is cast and I for one am glad I have an exit route if necessary.
                Last edited by sasguru; 21 July 2017, 14:26.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe that's what your kids will tell you when they can't find jobs and can't automatically travel to a European country in search of them.
                  Good luck.
                  But like I said, time to stop talking about it. The die is cast and I for one am glad I have an exit route if necessary.
                  Is it just me that finds your posing so vulgar.

SAS day 1: "we are royally f@@@@d cos of this brexit. And our kids. I mean, I'll be fine but you know, you lot".

SAS day 2: "we are FOOKED I said, FOOKED. I mean, I'm not, I'll be fine, but you lot are on a sinking ship".

SAS day n: "the whole country is FOOKED due to brexit. I mean, everyone except me and my friends. We're ok like."

Brexit is a vehicle for you to attempt to publicly pat yourself on the back and tell yourself "haven't I done well to be unbrexitable".

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                    Is it just me that finds your posing so vulgar.

SAS day 1: "we are royally f@@@@d cos of this brexit. And our kids. I mean, I'll be fine but you know, you lot".

SAS day 2: "we are FOOKED I said, FOOKED. I mean, I'm not, I'll be fine, but you lot are on a sinking ship".

SAS day n: "the whole country is FOOKED due to brexit. I mean, everyone except me and my friends. We're ok like."

Brexit is a vehicle for you to attempt to publicly pat yourself on the back and tell yourself "haven't I done well to be unbrexitable".
                    Almost everyone finds his posting vulgar. Try a poll asking if sasguru should be banned - there would be a majority in favour. The 2 years he was away were the best time for CUK.

However he is right in this case as others have been arguing for a while. There needs to be a Brexit sub forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

But it never stops...

Home - BBC News
                      They won't need subsidies. There will be no more food imports - so farmers will be rich.

Comment

Working...
                      X