• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angela was told by her own people to do ANYTHING to stop Brexit. This is just the start.

Comment

Good news

So there will be plenty of jobs for the immigrants hanging around in Calais.

France 'will definitely close UK border at Calais' - BBC News

....because it looks like they'll popping over to Britain.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Oh, ok.
        Row 1: k1, *p7, k1; rep from *
        Row 2: p1, *k7, p1; rep from *
        Row 3: k2, *p5, k3; rep from *, end p5, k2
        Row 4: p2, *k5, p3; rep from *, end k5, p2
        Row 5: k3, *p3, k5; rep from *, end p3, k3
        Row 6: p3, *k3, p5; rep from *, end k3, p3
        Row 7: k4, *p1, k7; rep from *, end p1, k4
        Row 8: p4, *k1, p7; rep from *, end k1, p4
        Row 9: Rep Row 2
        Row 10: Rep Row 1
        Row 11: Rep Row 4
        Row 12: Rep Row 3
        Row 13: Rep Row 6
        Row 14: Rep Row 5
        Row 15: Rep Row 8
        Row 16: Rep Row 7
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          What's scarier, you believe that or that you believe that. The levels of ignorance know no bounds. I'd accept 'I don't know, but it's made all the worse be claiming 'I do know + false facts' - This was the Brexit campaign really and it worked.

"On 27 June the European Council officially nominated Juncker for the position, and on 15 July the European Parliament elected him with a majority of 422 votes from a total of 729 cast. He succeeded Jose Manuel Barroso as president on 1 November 2014."
          now the real worry is will they ever get their accounts passed, border security sorted or their EU Army off the ground?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Good news

So an agreement not dependent on the EU stops because we leave the EU. Bully boy tactics anyone?

I wonder how many Asylum seekers will want to be returned to France rather than Syria?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good news

Is that the best you can do?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                now the real worry is will they ever get their accounts passed, border security sorted or their EU Army off the ground?
                Russia is not going to invade Europe. You'd think it was the cold war all over again. Indeed the Russian economy cannot support a major conflict and I don't believe we can either. I'm beginning to wonder which defence manufacturer is peddling these stories.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  So an agreement not dependent on the EU stops because we leave the EU. Bully boy tactics anyone?

I wonder how many Asylum seekers will want to be returned to France rather than Syria?

A price to be paid for exiting the EU.Everyone knows this is a consequence of their vote.

UK Warns EU Exit Could Mean Migrant Camps On South Coast

The voters know what they voted for and deserve to get it good and hard.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...cke163179.html

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit will not be a pain free 'quickie divorce' by 2019, parliamentary inquiry hears | The Independent

Some interesting comments from a commons select commitee on Brexit:

A former permanent secretary at the Foreign Office dismissed the former Education Secretary’s call for a post-Brexit trade deal to be struck with the EU by 2019.

Instead, Sir Simon Fraser – and academics giving evidence to the Commons Brexit Select Committee – said it was “inevitable” that a transitional agreement would be needed, stretching into the next decade.
                    I like this one:

Britain has as few as 20-odd trade negotiators – when Japan, for example, has “thousands”.
                    The Government should not press ahead with EU withdrawal without the consent of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – although those parliaments and assemblies do not have a veto.
                    that will speed things up

and finally:

Sir Simon said it was a mistake to believe a new trade agreement could be concluded in parallel with the two-year timeframe of the Article 50 exit talks, due to start next spring.

Describing that ambition as “unrealistic”, he told Mr Gove: “I do not think it’s likely to be an attainable one.” That made an interim deal “inevitable”.

Sir Simon also sought to dampen Brexit trade hopes, pointing out it would be less favourable than the current single market arrangements, adding: “This will be an agreement on reducing trade.”

And he dismissed a Conservative MP’s claim that an over-gloomy Whitehall is foot-dragging on Brexit, saying: “Civil servants do not feel they have clear political direction.”
                    But have no fear ministers will solve this by shouting very loudly at their Civil Servants
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit will not be a pain free 'quickie divorce' by 2019, parliamentary inquiry hears | The Independent

Some interesting comments from a commons select commitee on Brexit:

I like this one:

that will speed things up

and finally:

But have no fear ministers will solve this by shouting very loudly at their Civil Servants
                      Civil servants warn of the dangers for mankind stepping down from the trees. Suggesting it is a step into the unknown. We might sink in the sand, our legs might get tired. Come on, please! FFS this is a joke.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X