• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Dear God an agent telling it how it is! It was always our Trump card and current events make it very valuable to the e.u.
    We are not just a nasty rash on the end of your kn*b
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      So while your stuck in the 'might' camp the rest of us are getting on with it. Including Google. I can see why you lost.

I still don't know how Branson was going to create the 3,000 jobs he apparently had to cancel. Maybe you can enlighten me?
      Getting on with being ripped off? Of Google loves it in the UK, they don't need to pay tax!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What was wrong with the question? Juncker wasn't elected by anyone.
        What's scarier, you believe that or that you believe that. The levels of ignorance know no bounds. I'd accept 'I don't know, but it's made all the worse be claiming 'I do know + false facts' - This was the Brexit campaign really and it worked.

"On 27 June the European Council officially nominated Juncker for the position, and on 15 July the European Parliament elected him with a majority of 422 votes from a total of 729 cast. He succeeded Jose Manuel Barroso as president on 1 November 2014."
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Not in the case of the Labour Party however. The Tory infiltrators vote for Jezzy
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Don't put yourself out on OUR account. You just carry on with your knitting!!
            Oh, ok.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              not quite

However as I understand it no member of the public voted for him.

Closest I can think of is parliament selecting & voting for someone to run an inquiry and we know how good they are at that.
              I stand corrected.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  What's scarier, you believe that or that you believe that. The levels of ignorance know no bounds. I'd accept 'I don't know, but it's made all the worse be claiming 'I do know + false facts' - This was the Brexit campaign really and it worked.

"On 27 June the European Council officially nominated Juncker for the position, and on 15 July the European Parliament elected him with a majority of 422 votes from a total of 729 cast. He succeeded Jose Manuel Barroso as president on 1 November 2014."
                  Thank you for reposting Vetran 's input.

The reality is "This trend reached its apotheosis with the application of the concept ofSpitzenkandidaten*for the position of European Commission president. According to this idea — not mentioned in the EU treaties and dreamt up by federalists like European Parliament President*Martin Schulz*— the president would be selected by the political group that won the most seats in the European parliamentary elections. What had traditionally been an appointment by Europe’s elected leaders and approved by Parliament became the choice, in large part, of a legislature seen in most European countries, quite rightly, as less legitimate than national institutions."

Credit: Daniel Korski

In the world you inhabit that horse with a cone on its head is a bleeding unicorn. Try the real world and not your EU PR fantasy world.

Comment

Although I don't genuinely believe the EU PR. The reality is it was an appointment.

Comment

Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?
                      there you go!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X