• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's easy to remember Ukraine* is a signatory of the European Convention on Human Rights which is ruled on by the European Court of Human Rights.

However Ukraine isn't a member of the EU, which has the European Court of Justice to deal with EU law.
    Russia is also a signatory. The only European country that isn't a signatory to the convention is the dictatorship of Belarus.

Regardless, the European Convention on Human Rights is based on the United Nations's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Leaving the European one would not make much of a difference as the UK is also a signatory of the UN one. Apparently Cameron has a health issue that makes him 'sick to his stomach' to think about it, but leaving a convention will not help curing a medical issue.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
      The word you are looking for us "updatation".
      No updation.

It's Indian English and means the act of updating something.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No updation.

It's Indian English and means the act of updating something.
        Oh bugger. I'm not Indian enough. I clearly need another Kingfisher.

In Pidgin (Nigerian) English it is "updating".

Comment

Russia is also a signatory. The only European country that isn't a signatory to the convention is the dictatorship of Belarus.
          Yes, but Russia does not give a fook about signed documents if that does not suit them

Comment

Oh bugger. I'm not Indian enough. I clearly need another Kingfisher.

In Pidgin (Nigerian) English it is "updating".
            You clearly haven't worked in a multi cultural environment...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yes, but Russia does not give a fook about signed documents if that does not suit them
              So they are like the French then?

Comment

You clearly haven't worked in a multi cultural environment...
                Married in Africa with a house in Nigeria and having worked on 4 continents I clearly have. Although not in India. In the one Indian-dominated team I have worked with in the UK, the team manager preferred to communicate with his team in Hindi rather than English, which was not much of a help for learning the finer points of 'Indian English'. India + UK would be bicultural rather than multi-cultural.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  I don't have a problem with this, they are legal migrants, on work visas, highly skilled, and hopefully paying UK taxes. Happy to have controlled immigration of this nature.
                  Far off the mark, highly skilled the exception, rather than the norm. Taxes paid, none or very little.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

People just can't get it into their heads the difference between the European Court of Human Rights and European Court of Justice.

It's easy to remember Ukraine* is a signatory of the European Convention on Human Rights which is ruled on by the European Court of Human Rights.

However Ukraine isn't a member of the EU, which has the European Court of Justice to deal with EU law.

*There are other countries but Ukraine is the easiest to remember as it's been in the news a lot recently and not likely to join the EU.
                    People might either want to read this to see what the EU can do in the way of laws: https://fullfact.org/europe/eus-powers/ or as I suspect, they would rather believe the moronic right wing press
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      People might either want to read this to see what the EU can do in the way of laws: https://fullfact.org/europe/eus-powers/ or as I suspect, they would rather believe the moronic right wing press
                      People don't read.

If they did they would have got out their smartphone or tablet, and looked it up on Wikipedia.

Also I've only heard one public conversation so far on what the EU has done for ordinary British people.

When I got the government leaflet through I thought at least one of the points would be in the leaflet but nothing was.

So I concluded the UK government is trying to hide the fact it has needed prodding from EU to increase workers rights. Even though sorting out cross border trade regulations is a good thing for businesses of all sizes, and some of our anti-discrimination, health and safety and consumer laws helped to shape the EU directives.

Comment

Working...
                      X