• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firing the Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firing the Umbrella

I'm about to start a new contract in two or three weeks time. I'm thinking of switching to Ltd as currently I'm with an Umbrella. The Umbrella requires a month's notice and I'm wondering if I'm able to hand in my notice with the Umbrella, yet start the new contract with the Ltd? I think it should be okay but thought I'd check as there will be about a two week overlap between me starting the new contract under my own steam and finishing the notice period with the umbrella.

Why not speak to the brolly as they are your employers? You might get lucky and they might reduce the notice period. It won't really be worth their while to put everything in motion for just two weeks money.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
      I'm about to start a new contract in two or three weeks time. I'm thinking of switching to Ltd as currently I'm with an Umbrella. The Umbrella requires a month's notice and I'm wondering if I'm able to hand in my notice with the Umbrella, yet start the new contract with the Ltd? I think it should be okay but thought I'd check as there will be about a two week overlap between me starting the new contract under my own steam and finishing the notice period with the umbrella.
      Being an employee of the umbrella has no bearing on your ability to start a new contract via YourCo Ltd.

Why do think it might? And what does your accountant say?

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        Being an employee of the umbrella has no bearing on your ability to start a new contract via YourCo Ltd.

Why do think it might? And what does your accountant say?
        How many times have I told you to stop picking on the newbies Contreras. Why would he have an accountant if he is with a brolly and not yet set his LTD up?

God I hate people that just jump to to the 'What does your accountant say' line. Jeeeeeeez

Last edited by northernladuk; 30 June 2014, 07:39.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why would he have an accountant if he is with a brolly and not yet set his LTD up?
          Eh, wut? This...
          I'm about to start a new contract in two or three weeks time. I'm thinking of switching to Ltd ...
          Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why not speak to the brolly as they are your employers?
          Why would he speak to the brolly when the new contract will be via His Co. Ltd ?
          Last edited by Contreras; 30 June 2014, 08:24.

Comment

Working...
          X