• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fallout between agency + client. My Ltd stuck in the middle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop worrying about that.

You have a current long-term client who is happy about your work etc.

As long as the client is happy for you to continue and go through another agency then all you need to do is sit tight and make sure you have a lawyer on speed dial to go after the old agency if they threaten you with anything.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by CTS View Post
      Thank You very much everyone. This reinforces my own views.

I do think that it will get messy but unsure what exactly I would be sued for. I haven't stolen a position from the agency. The agency has terminated its agreement with the client.

as of the 12th June I would effectively be out of work.
      You sound more like a permie to me reading that. Maybe you have been at your client too long. They can't sue you for anything. It's been explained clearly. It won't even get to a lawyer if you send them the right links. They will know they can't do anything about it. All they will do is sling some crap around that might affect your role with the client if you don't bat it off. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence for you.

if the agency offers me a new position at another client (that I do not want) does that change anything?
      Think about it a little bit and understand your position and maybe you can work that out yourself.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        Let the agency second guess your position with the client (who should also be blanking them). Save your time, energy and cash - don't get lawyer involved until & unless they do so first (or if they fail to pay the final invoice).
        This is their most likely course of action - to make you do all the chasing to get what is due to you. Make sure that if this happens you know your rights for late payment.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They can only cancel contract and sue you for damages. In this case the contract has already been cancelled by the agency and the damages are 0 because they've already lost the contract.

I'm pretty sure the agency won't chase you. They would potentially only go after you if you did the dirty on them, which you haven't.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 30 May 2014, 14:40.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

They have withheld another individuals invoice previously so I have moved to weekly invoicing. Worst case scenario I would have to fight them for a weeks work.

I assume there are links on here that would help that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You sound more like a permie to me reading that. Maybe you have been at your client too long.

Think about it a little bit and understand your position and maybe you can work that out yourself.
              Wonder if the OP is aware of the 24 month rule?

Comment

They have withheld another individuals invoice previously so I have moved to weekly invoicing. Worst case scenario I would have to fight them for a weeks work.

I assume there are links on here that would help that situation?
                The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2013 - Pay on Time
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Wonder if the OP is aware of the 24 month rule?
                  Yes I am

One hurdle at a time!

Comment

The client wants to employ us...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      The client doesn't want to lose us would have been a better choice words.

Comment

Working...
                      X