• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

400 per day in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Because what they want is a short answer that tells them how to run their life. Failing that, they want the answer which tells them what they want to hear without any of the nasty "fact" things that get in the way.
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
      WTF, i'm interested in your calculations.
      €600 (-tax -rent -tickets) = €0

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        €600 (-tax -rent -tickets) = €0
        do you live in a castle?
        do you carry your ass to work with a royce?
        Last edited by gabox01; 7 May 2014, 16:55.

Comment

do you live in a castle?
          do you carry your ass to work with a royce?
          if you think you can live on the remnants of €400 after tax (at say 56%) and keep you house and home going here while working over there go ahead...

It really was a very stupid question you were asking there.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            if you think you can live on the remnants of €400 after tax (at say 56%) and keep you house and home going here while working over there go ahead...

It really was a very stupid question you were asking there.
            Where does this 56% come from anyway? Agent said i would tax max 40%.
            Last edited by gabox01; 7 May 2014, 17:43.

Comment

Where do this 56% come from anyway? Agent said i would tax max 40%.
              further up this thread. You have to remember tax may not be called tax, it may be called national insurance and there may be other costs involved that they don't want to mention such as employers NI (which umbrella's have to deduct from your contract income alongside employee ni and tax).

To be blunt you asked the wrong question. The question to ask was and always is:-

Worst case what do I get in my pocket after all work and contract related expenses and tax from that €400.

personally even as the cheap code monkey I pretend to be for the easy life, I wouldn't be going anywhere abroad for £330 a day, I can get far more here.....

Comment

I wouldn't be going anywhere abroad for £330 a day, I can get far more here.....
                I suppose you are not from eastern Europe...

Comment

I suppose you are not from eastern Europe...
                  This site is called Contractor UK. It used to be a valid assumption that the people visiting this site and asking questions were in the UK....

Comment

This site is called Contractor UK. It used to be a valid assumption that the people visiting this site and asking questions were in the UK....
                    Yeah, i tried to google for contractorbalkans, but no such thing exists yet...

Comment

Yeah, i tried to google for contractorbalkans, but no such thing exists yet...
                      The rest of it is valid. Don't assume that an agent knows what he is talking about, he is probably intentional or unintentional hiding costs from you

Comment

Working...
                      X