• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send wrong amount in invoices for a few months.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    In that case I stand corrected and you may wish to delete that from your earlier posts to avoid anything popping up when someone does some research in advance of anything legal happening?
    Sure, thanks for that. I've changed my original post, but I guess every user should amend the quotes on their answers? Shoudln´t this be dynamic? lol

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
      In that case I stand corrected and you may wish to delete that from your earlier posts to avoid anything popping up when someone does some research in advance of anything legal happening?
      You too have quoted the company name...LOL
      "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Aye, i realise that now and it should be removed. Thanks
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Hi all,

Today I sent the 1st reminder letter, as it was 30 days ago since I gave them the invoice. I had two other letters in case they were necessary, but this is the answer I got this morning.

"Hi,

Thank you for your reminder. **** said we can settle this invoice in this month’s bacs payment run, which will be around end of May. Is this date OK with you?

Kind regards"

It seems I wont have any problem with this, but I will update you once everything it's final.
          Last edited by rvarela; 12 May 2014, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by rvarela View Post
            Hi all,

Today I sent the 1st reminder letter, as it was 30 days ago since I gave them the invoice. I had two other letters in case they were necessary, but this is the answer I got this morning.

"Hi Raul,

Thank you for your reminder. **** said we can settle this invoice in this month’s bacs payment run, which will be around end of May. Is this date OK with you?

Kind regards"

It seems I wont have any problem with this, but I will update you once everything it's final.
            We like outcomes, so thanks.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              is the quality of sockie troll going down hill?
              You would be the man to ask about that.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You totally forgot to check your invoices for 7 months? That is just totally irresponsible and beggars belief to be honest. Unfortunately a word with your client and an invoice to cover the missing amount will probably cover it so you should be ok.

... or is the quality of sockie troll going down hill? 4 today and counting.
                This can happen incredibly easily. I've had clients who look at my invoice and sent the net amount rather than the total including VAT and if you use a standard invoice template it's hardly THAT surprising someone could be in a routine to just fire off an invoice each month unless they updated the template the moment the rate was agreed.

It IS daft, but people do daft things all the time. I work with two clients and always have to triple check I'm sending the right invoice to the right client!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

[Solved!]

Hi guys,

First of all, thank to all of you that helped me on this, as my first year contracting I still have plenty of stuff to learn and be aware of, and thanks to this post, I now visit the forum in regular basis to keep me updated.

Anyway, the company finally paid me off.

After the 1st reminder letter, they told me they will pay me at the end of the month, and it happened! (apparently the COO and the lawyer were still arguing about it!)

The thing is in this last month while I was waiting for this company to pay me, another agency just overpaid me about £1300! I also managed to solve that very quickly, I just contacted them about the issue, and send them a transfer for the exceeding amount. No hassle, quick and painless.

So in less than 3 months I've been in both sides, being overpaid and underpaid xD I must say I've been way more efficient that the other company in solving this out.

Again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X