• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do i need to pay myself!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Would you not need PAYE to do a P11D to be able to reclaim expenses?
    You don't need a PAYE scheme to reclaim expenses.

You may need a PAYE scheme if you have expenses that are required to be reported on a P11d. The most common is travel, however this does not include mileage, which is not a reportable expense provided it is claimed in line with the statutory rates.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      Given there is an element of "secrecy" and a self admitted possible conflict of interests you might be as well to ensure you are not in breach of your contract of employment.

If it is the case this is potentially going to have comeback through disciplinary action etc should the employer discover what is going on.
      It's more normal to tell your employer you're doing a side project in your weekends so they approve it and cannot later pull the "we own everything you do while in our employment" trick.
      Unless you're competing it should be a formality really.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X