• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency has unfair contract with 'employer'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris2048 View Post
    Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Also, I've been informed that the company has extended the contract with the agency - 3 months beyond my contract end!
    Don't worry about that - what the agency agrees with the client is of no concern of yours. When the end date passes, your contract ends. No amount of sweet or sour words from the agency will change that basic fact.

If you don't want a new contract with them, don't agree and don't sign.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Unfair Contract Terms Guidance

Don't sign new contract with them if you don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        If you don't want a new contract with them, don't agree and don't sign.
        I believe I have to inform that a certain period before the contract ends that I want to leave, or it automatically continues
        I'll look into lawspeed... Thanks!

Comment

wrt Lawspeed:

"Further to your email we are unable to assist you with your query as we are not a firm of solicitors and are not authorised to help individuals."

I'll look around for another place.

Comment

Sounds as if you might be working with Modis (Adecco group) as an "Employed Consultant" or similar (doesn't sound like the Hudson 23 month model).

As others have said if you don't like the agency, then at the end of your 2 years leave and look elsewhere.
            If you like the end client and the 3 month extension will allow you to go perm with the end client at the end, if you can put with another 3 months with the agency, then stay but see if you can get agreement from the end client first.

Comment

wrt Lawspeed:

"Further to your email we are unable to assist you with your query as we are not a firm of solicitors and are not authorised to help individuals."

Really?! They've helped me in the past - ah well, things change.

Try McKenzie Law Solicitors (based in Shrewsbury, but location doesn't matter) - they ought to be able to help.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

wrt Lawspeed:

I'm surprised at that - their website says
                "Areas in which we can help contractor, interim and freelancer clients include:
                IR35 reviews and advice
                Contract drafting
                Fee disputes and debt recovery
                Breaches of contract
                Restrictive covenants
                Correspondence with HMRC"

Ho hum, there are others out there that will be able to help, though.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                X