• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employer pension limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer pension limit

Planning to pay a big employer contribution into my pension.

Is the limit still 50k pa?

Or when does the 40k limit come in?

Edit : Before NLUK abuses me textually that is, I checked and the 40k limit comes in at the end of this tax year.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

£40k comes in from the start of the new tax year, so just bear in mind any other contributions and the lifetime allowance.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Allowance is £50k until April the 5th. Drops to £40k April 6th onwards. HTH.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Just a quick addition to the above:

The annual allowance is per pension input period, which isn't necessarily aligned to the tax year.

The £40k limit will kick in for the input period ending in the 2014/15 tax year.

Hope this helps!
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Allowance is £50k until April the 5th. Drops to £40k April 6th onwards. HTH.

Don't forget if you can utilise 'carry forward' rules to use previous years unused allowances.

Comment

Originally posted by S Hudson View Post
            Don't forget if you can utilise 'carry forward' rules to use previous years unused allowances.
            As long as the scheme was in operation in those years.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by S Hudson View Post
              Yes, and I have done so this year.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
              X