• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Dodgy Scheme..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dodgy Scheme..?

Hi

I have had an email and phone call from Contract Wealth who I think have got hold of my contact details through one of the job boards.

They were very vague about how they would "maximise my income" to 90% of my day rate, but I wasn't too impressed when I heard the words "loan you money". Sounds a lot like an EBT of some shape to me, but without giving them my personal details they wouldn't go into any more depth. They also said they could work with an existing LTD company structure, sounds odd?

Just a warning to any newbies... Sounds dodgy to me!

Also if anyone can find out anything further, I would be curious to know what they are about! :-)
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 20 January 2014, 15:26. Reason: Link removed.

Sounds like they simply act as a middle man and pass you over to various scheme providers, probably depending on how they assess you at the start.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

They're not registered on Companies House as far as I can see so they are probably owned by another company or, as Clare says, they're just acting as a front for various scheme providers. [edit] yes they are just an introducer - they get their money from referral fees from the scheme providers:

"We have commercial terms in place with all of our affiliate providers which are fully independent of any client funds and do not affect your returns."
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Regus also have the 12th floor of the office building that they claim to be resident in so......
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Get phone call quite regularly about these dodgy schemes. They seem to get my phone number of jobboards, whenever I put my CV on them there is an increase in those calls.
          They often start the call sounding like they are a recruitment agency by asking similar questions as recruiters would do and then suddenly ask do you have your own ltd company and if you would want to increase your income, at that moment (if not already done so earlier) I hang up.

Comment

Working...
          X