• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

The 24 Month Rule in a nutshell

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Excellent suggestions, I've cancelled the contract and they're open to me negotiating a new one. Interestingly my accountant finally decided to advise me to resign then negotiate a new contract but keep the days worked below 40%.

    Comment


      Originally posted by NobbyClark View Post
      Excellent suggestions, I've cancelled the contract and they're open to me negotiating a new one. Interestingly my accountant finally decided to advise me to resign then negotiate a new contract but keep the days worked below 40%.
      I hope he said a bit more than that because advice about keeping it below 40% isn't right as you've stated it. It's 40% over the entire period, not just from now on.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I hope he said a bit more than that because advice about keeping it below 40% isn't right as you've stated it. It's 40% over the entire period, not just from now on.
        Yes that’s what I thought!

        Comment


          Ad hoc visit to another site post 24 months

          I am hoping to get renewed on my current contract (ends 31st dec). If extended, and from the date of the extension is known I will cease claiming travel expenses as that will take me past the 24 month rule.

          However my client has another site - 400 mile round trip and requires an over night hotel (e.g travel monday evening, overnight stop, work all day tues, then travel back).

          In the last 6 month period of my contract I have done this trip only 3 times and would expect to make the same number of trips next year (6 month extension). As the other site would not be my ‘permanent site’ post 24 months, am I able to reclaim the expenses to the other site?
          Last edited by gwynfryn; 24 November 2019, 21:45. Reason: Spelling

          Comment


            Originally posted by gwynfryn View Post
            I am hoping to get renewed on my current contract (ends 31st dec). If extended, and from the date of the extension is known I will cease claiming travel expenses as that will take me past the 24 month rule.

            However my client has another site - 400 mile round trip and requires and over night hotel (e.g travel monday evening, overnight stop, work all day tues, then travel back).

            In the last 6 month period of my contract I have done this trip only 3 times and would expect to make the same number of trips next year (6 month extension). As the other site would not be my ‘permanent site’ post 24 months, am I able to reclaim the expenses to the other site?
            Yes. Its not your permanent workplace.
            Blog? What blog...?

            Comment

            Working...
            X