• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter wanting to run Payroll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiter wanting to run Payroll

Hi All,

I am switching to IT contracting from Permanent employment. But my recruiter is adamant that he wants to run the payroll on my behalf and doesn't want me to raise invoices from my limited company.

1) Has anyone come across such a scenario?
    2) Any reasons as to why this agent is desiring such a move
    3) Can I change my billing company with my client directly?

Any help in this regard would be great.

Thanks & regards

D

Is he talking about Self Billing? Or paying you through PAYE? If the former then it's nothing to worry about, just raise your own invoices for your own records, and keep an eye on it to ensure it's correct.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Hi ClareinTouch

Thank you for replying.

Think they are going to do it through something similiar as this is a EEA contract.
      But I am not sure how would the expenses of flights + Hotels etc all going to work.

And my pain point is that their point is that I don't have a limited company registered in that country hence they want to do it.
      I don't find it convincing at all as a UK ltd can raise invoices and can get paid without much hassle.

Comment

WCITS - have you asked the recruiter why they want to process your payroll?? That's a very odd thought - it seems far more likely that they are self-billing which means that they won't require an invoice for you in order to pay you
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Contr View Post
          Hi ClareinTouch

Thank you for replying.

Think they are going to do it through something similiar as this is a EEA contract.
          But I am not sure how would the expenses of flights + Hotels etc all going to work.

And my pain point is that their point is that I don't have a limited company registered in that country hence they want to do it.
          I don't find it convincing at all as a UK ltd can raise invoices and can get paid without much hassle.
          A few questions as you allude to overseas aspects....

Where are you working
          Where are you living
          Where is your company registered
          Where is the agency
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Contr View Post
            Hi ClareinTouch

Thank you for replying.

A UK agency won't pay you gross (i.e. without the deduction of taxes and NI) unless you have a UK registered Ltd Company or you are working through a UK registered umbrella company
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

This couldn't be a temping agency rather than a contract one could it?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi All

Thank you for your responses.

This is based in Swiss and I am thinking of staying sometime in Swiss and the rest in UK. Its a 6 month contract. The Agency has informed that they are okay to pay into a Swiss ltd. And the reason is that they are a Swiss entity and can only deal with swiss entity only.

I am planning to stay mon-fri in Swiss and wknd over in UK.

Regards

D

Comment

May I suggest you try ContractorCH instead?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    May I suggest you try ContractorCH instead?
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X