• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Buddy - worth a closer look, maybe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    No-one is falling out, just differing in opinion. We are correct, and you are wrong. The fact that you have brolly girl, a couple of number crunchers, a PCG advocate and a few meat-heads all telling you so should give you a clue.

Anyway, much as I am not a fan of the PCG, I am not aware that it attempts to mis-represent contractors genuine positions by offering ways to try and avoid investigation through provision of deliberately misleading working options that enable boxes to be ticked. This is different to giving a genuine appraisal of a contractor's true position.

And if you aren't aware of the problems artificial box-ticking can cause, you need to do some serious reading.
    PCG - Why not a Fan.?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Especially since HMRC's own guidance lists copies of the advert and invoices as appropriate evidence.

If I was HMRC looking at a submission that claimed to have "spent" £1200 updating an online profile I'd expect to see evidence that that time could have been spent generating income at least equal to that amount. If you did it on your own time you weren't getting paid for it anyway, if you did in in billable hours you should be able to show invoices minus the time spent resulting in a cost to your business.

It just doesn't fly IMO.
      It looks as though they give you a 'receipt' for time spent
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        It looks as though they give you a 'receipt' for time spent
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Couldn't have put it better myself
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Just the word "buddy" is enough to put me off.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
              Just the word "buddy" is enough to put me off.
              I thought it was rather apt, after all you'll probably have a "buddy" in prison
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
              X