• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses reimbursed directly to individual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you think the gig is inside IR35?

Big fails on some of the contract/working conditions and they won't back down?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
      avoid the arrangement if this is possible.
      I've had this come up from time to time. What should one do if we can't avoid it? Does it get declared anywhere or do we just forget about it?
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        I've had this come up from time to time. What should one do if we can't avoid it? Does it get declared anywhere or do we just forget about it?
        It would probably be ok to leave it undeclared, it's not as if you have benefitted in any way. However, to be on the safe side I would suggest completing the 'other UK income' section on page TR3 of the tax return. Boxes 16 and 17 are available for casual income and expenses related to that income, the two would just cancel each other out but at least it has been declared.

Comment

Working...
        X