• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DIY Tax Return how easy is it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Tax Return how easy is it ?

Did member voluntary liquidation for my company and went permanent last year.

I have a permi job myself so is full PAYE and no other investments. Wife's also has PAYE on company until MVL and nothing since.

Return should be quite simple with the exception of the capital gains tax owed due to MVL.

Account wants £100 each for myself and wife is it worth paying for end of year tax return or is the calculation quite simple.

Self assessment online works it out for you. Give it a go if you can't work it out delete the online form and pay your accountant to do it for you.

Comment

Great thanks for advice

I assume I can declare entrepreneurs tax relief and declare closure of my company ?.

That was one of the main reasons for justification for the expense when I asked my accountant.

Comment

For only £200 I know what I would do. Even maybe pay one of you and copy it at the very least. £200 to know that it has been done correctly is peanuts IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          For only £200 I know what I would do. Even maybe pay one of you and copy it at the very least. £200 to know that it has been done correctly is peanuts IMO.

Agreed - and that £200 is probably not just the return, it will most likely also cover advice and initial responses to HMRC should they investigate or otherwise question the figures.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
          X