• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple Contracts With Same Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Contracts With Same Agency

Er. On a contract with client co. Nice rate steady work - another department in Client Co want me to do some work for them in addition to what I do now.

Now this isn't a great thing from IR35 point of view if I just do the work so how do people think I should handle it. I've proposed doing another 4 hrs a day or working from Home for this "new" contract. They're unlikely to want to draw up a new contract (though this is what I'll push for).

If that doesn't fly ... Would an e-mail from a manager stating that they have additional work for me separate to the current gig. THe same terms apply however to keep things simple I should invoice through the normal channels and then internal cross charging will take over. Would this be as good as a second contract.

Another idea might be for me to quote a fixed number of "days" to do the work. Then complete the work as I see fit - essentially fixed price work being billed in addition to the current contract through the same timesheet save for client cos systems having a melt down.

I'm just trying to highlight to Hector that I'm not being directed or controlled here. I'm under no obligation to take this work other than it'll bring in some extra coin also there is a chance I can do it at the same time as my current gig (if I spend less time surfing here) so more cash, same hours.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Would an e-mail from a manager stating that they have additional work for me separate to the current gig.
    I would think so - particularly if you got them to word it as "would you be interested in project XYZ in addition to your current work for project ABC" or something similar.

They are offering additional work, and you are then free to accept or reject it.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers Faqqer, will have the discussions with them tomorrow.

Comment

Does your contract with the agency include a (usually one page) "schedule" ? - stuff like Project Name, Client Contact, Rate, Notice Period, End Date, etc.

If so just get the agent to issue an additional schedule for the new work. Agent should be happy to do this.

And seeing as you've effectively landed a new gig for them, you might even be cheeky and ask for a small cut of their margin on the additional work!

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
          Does your contract with the agency include a (usually one page) "schedule" ? - stuff like Project Name, Client Contact, Rate, Notice Period, End Date, etc.

If so just get the agent to issue an additional schedule for the new work.
          That's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
            And seeing as you've effectively landed a new gig for them, you might even be cheeky and ask for a small cut of their margin on the additional work!
            The agent only gets paid factoring rates (£5 per day) so I don't think they'll want that option

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              The agent only gets paid factoring rates (£5 per day) so I don't think they'll want that option
              Knock him down to £4.99... It's the principle innit
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Knock him down to £4.99... It's the principle innit
                I did offer to go direct and save them the hassle. They didn't like that either

Comment

Working...
                X