• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Contract Duration: TBC"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't ever start a contract with an unknown duration.

Even if it gets terminated or similar, at least you have a idea of what's going to happen.

Get the contract updated.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      I wouldn't ever start a contract with an unknown duration.

Even if it gets terminated or similar, at least you have a idea of what's going to happen.

Get the contract updated.
      Nonsense. You're there to do a job. Once the job is done, you leave. When that happens is irrelevant. Any other attitude makes it very difficult to claim you're outside IR35.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'd be more worried that the lack of a defined end date would also cloud the issue of whether you expected the contract to last less than 24 months, which could rob you of all travelling and subsistence expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          I'd be more worried that the lack of a defined end date would also cloud the issue of whether you expected the contract to last less than 24 months, which could rob you of all travelling and subsistence expenses.
          No it doesn't, only the tax relief on them. Not that it would anyway; what is your "reasonable expectation" of the duration?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X