• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend an accountant - South Hampshire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
    I have been with my current accountant since I started my limited company 2.5 years ago. However, I find I seem to be doing all the work at great expense, and they don't advise on things I could be putting through as expenses, for example until I was talking to other contractors who mentioned I could put through an amount for use of home they had never suggested this and I had missed 18 months of this expense. I have since found other things I could have been claiming for but they just reformat what I send them.

When it comes to doing VAT I send them the spreadsheet I keep and they add it up - which I could do. When they do my self assessment I have to complete a questionnaire which basically means I provide all the information and they write it on the form! The same thing happens for P11D. To me, they do not do much to warrant the monthly expense.

Can anyone recommend an accountant who is more willing to provide advise? - I am happy to pay what I pay now if I get a service and advise.
    Have you spoken to your accountant? I'm sure if you mentioned these frustrations and that you would like more advise they would gladly give it.

I run our Reading office. I am more than happy for clients to come in and have a discussion about their accounts, they only have to ask. In fact, I encourage them to do it.
    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsjdaccountancy View Post
      Have you spoken to your accountant? I'm sure if you mentioned these frustrations and that you would like more advise they would gladly give it.

I run our Reading office. I am more than happy for clients to come in and have a discussion about their accounts, they only have to ask. In fact, I encourage them to do it.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I was waiting for that
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Don't you think I read the thread before hand! - Glad to see you're on the ball
          http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Working...
          X