• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RTI via Basic PAYE tools - 'initialising submission'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTI via Basic PAYE tools - 'initialising submission'

I've been trying to submit my first ever FPS today via the Basic PAYE tools, and it just sticks on 'initialising submission', there's no traffic from the software visible on Fiddler or Wireshark (though it can call home, if I force an update check I can see the traffic)

HMRC says it's my internet connection.

Anyone else got this problem? Any ideas?

Did you do that initial "sync" that your meant to do. Not sure you need to do it with the PAYE tools but you do with sage.

Try it via your phone tethered to the laptop.

Comment

It took me a while to find my way around the basic PAYE tool but I submitted my first FPS fine today. I assume you are registered and activated for PAYE on the hmrc gateway?

Comment

thanks for the advice, I've managed to solve the problem this morning by reverting back to the original version of the software I downloaded on 29/03, (version 13.0.13071.41), the submission process went through in only a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by sekisho View Post
          thanks for the advice, I've managed to solve the problem this morning by reverting back to the original version of the software I downloaded on 29/03, (version 13.0.13071.41), the submission process went through in only a few seconds.
          Many thanks for the update sekisho.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Mine said submitted first time but no submitted report showed up in the RTI application.

When I added a new month, the first went back to un-submitted.

Submitted again and it worked fine and the report now shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by sekisho View Post
              Anyone else got this problem? Any ideas?
              I've had this problem. The work around suggested by HMRC was to try it on a different computer, which I have done and successfully made a FPS.

The version number for the Basic PAYE tools is the same on both computers. Both run Windows XP. I assume there is some software or setting that is different between them. The one that worked is an older computer with not much installed on it.

HMRC now have this error listed on their website.

HM Revenue & Customs: Basic PAYE Tools error messages

Error Message

Some customers are reporting an issue when trying to send their payroll information to HMRC.

The product calculates payroll deductions, but when the user tries to send to the Government Gateway, the “Submission results screen” shows “Initialising submission” in the ‘Submission status message’ table and does not move on. The submission does not get sent.

What you need to do

Employers who have encountered a problem should pay their employees as normal, as they will be able to submit their PAYE returns after they have paid their employees.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

We are investigating this issue and will provide updated information early next week.

EDIT

Weird. I checked the error message page today and the message is gone.

Comment

Working...
              X