• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help to buy scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article from Tony Harris @ Contractor Money added to the main site today:
    Contractors are being handed an unprecedented leg-up the property ladder :: Contractor UK

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Article from Tony Harris @ Contractor Money added to the main site today:
      Contractors are being handed an unprecedented leg-up the property ladder :: Contractor UK
      Interesting article - still many unanswered questions for us contractor folks though, especially the one about how the HCA will assess eligibility criteria - on paper, you wouldn't think someone earning upwards of 80k/year would need assistance yet in reality that is likely to be the case.

I really can't decide what to do - part of me thinks I should get >12 months under my belt, the other half thinks I should just get on with it, especially now as we're expecting our first and will actually need the additional space.

Comment

OP did you decide to take the plunge and use the scheme in the end? or you still deciding?

Comment

Has anyone been through this scheme recently? I too am keen to hear others experience when having the affordability check with the HCA/Home Buy Agent. What figures did you submit (for example low salary/high dividend, total from your last Self Assessment/another calculation)?

What evidence were you asked to provide to back these figures up?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X