• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies House Web Filing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Good luck moving when you have only been contracting 3 months Sas - most want you signed up for the year. Or have you been paying £100+ per month the whole time you were permie/retired?
    Bah! How annoying. Well I'll certainly be on the phone to them, telling them I pay them so I don't have to do stuff like this. after all they boast of their exemplary customer service.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Bah! How annoying. Well I'll certainly be on the phone to them, telling them I pay them so I don't have to do stuff like this. after all they boast of their exemplary customer service.
      Didn't Darren Upton offer exemplary customer service?

And for that reason alone I won't let anyone else do my VAT and company returns. Heck it takes me 5 minutes once I find the document with the password in it.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We tend not to complete annual returns for clients (assume that's what you're talking about).

Three main reasons:
        1) the hardest part is having the correct passwords (security code just to get in, then authentication code to do anything), the actual completion of it is a piece of ...
        2) clients know better than me if they should move the registered office address. As we work mainly via email, clients can often forget to tell us if they move home. Seeing an old address on the form is a helpful reminder it needs changing, whereas we wouldn't know.
        3) if we do it, pay, and recharge, we need to add VAT onto the cost. Ok so it's not much, but with most clients on FRS they're financially better off to DIY than for us to do it and recharge (or incorporate into our fee which realistically is the same thing).

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Does your accountant do it for you?
          Last one didn't, InTouch (who I'm with) include it in their charges though. Don't know about any of the others.

Send me your details and £50 and I'll file it for you.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I normally do my own but have just had a mail from NW saying they've done it for me and to log in and just pay the fee
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
            X