• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Error in SA100 submission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in SA100 submission

I worked as self employed and submitted by return via SA100 form. I had tax advise from a professional accountant who made some errors while filling form( incorrect actual income earned) .HMRC asked me to pay £5K as extra tax in self assessment return. This happened in 2009/10. I have payslips and my bank statement for entire period to prove actual money received from different sources of employment. Do I get chance to request a recalculation using correct figures ? I am still receiving letters from HMRC chasing this amount and interests added. Please advise.

Originally posted by willss3608 View Post
    I worked as self employed and submitted by return via SA100 form. I had tax advise from a professional accountant who made some errors while filling form( incorrect actual income earned) .HMRC asked me to pay £5K as extra tax in self assessment return. This happened in 2009/10. I have payslips and my bank statement for entire period to prove actual money received from different sources of employment. Do I get chance to request a recalculation using correct figures ? I am still receiving letters from HMRC chasing this amount and interests added. Please advise.
    Please some one advise me ...

Comment

Why not ask your accountant to help you sort out the mess he caused? Seems to be the very least he can do.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How can you be SE and have payslips and be employed?

Fraid that ultimately you are responsible for the info input in the SA form, you should have checked it more thoroughly...

That's some error to have missed to result in 5k more tax than expected? Did you not query it then?

Comment

If there is £5,000 in tax at risk then I'd suggest you find a local accountant who can re-do your tax return for you. It'll probably cost you a couple hundred, but that's better than HMRC repossessing your car because of something that's not owed.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
          X