• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account & Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a couple of posts now mentioning contractors (especially IT contractors) and Halifax being a good partnership when it comes to mortgages to that might be why Halifax didn't bat an eye lid.

I will be looking into a new mortgage this year with 12 months of contracting and 5 years in permiedom (same line of business) so am keeping an eye on all these discussions.

Comment

Let us know how it goes. It doesn't seem to be a very level playing field at the moment.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good friend of mine (contractor) just got a mortgage which completed late 2012 based on her day rate and a 6 month contract via Halifax. She said she went direct. Has her own Ltd but didn't present her accounts.

Guy I was working with recently did the same thing direct with Clydesdale Bank (or Yorkshire Bank not sure which arm of NAGE does the mortgages). That completed October 12. Again rate and 6 month contract, didn't present his accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
          Good friend of mine (contractor) just got a mortgage which completed late 2012 based on her day rate and a 6 month contract via Halifax. She said she went direct. Has her own Ltd but didn't present her accounts.

Guy I was working with recently did the same thing direct with Clydesdale Bank (or Yorkshire Bank not sure which arm of NAGE does the mortgages). That completed October 12. Again rate and 6 month contract, didn't present his accounts.
          Do you know what rates they were offered and the size of the deposit they were offered? It would be good to compare what's on offer as I'll be looking to buy later this year

Comment

Early 4.(something)% if memory serves me correct. I recall it not being too much off my mortgage rate.

Both had good deposits from savings/previous house sale. I didn't ask details (that would be a bit too nosey even for me) but would have been lower than 75% LTV I reckon.

The comments they both made were contractor status didn't change the deal that was offered, just asked contract stipulating rate and duration in place of payslips.

Comment

Working...
            X