• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountants

Hi everyone,

I'm new to moving into the contracting world. I'm looking at setting up my own limited company and working under that. What I am after is advice on accountants and any feedback on the ones I've seen so far.

The ones I have looked at are:

Clearsky - looks ok but they are wanting me to go on the package at £200/month + VAT
    SJD - Only came across them last night but look ok and their rate is much better.
    Churchill Knight

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
    James

Originally posted by choppertastic View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to moving into the contracting world. I'm looking at setting up my own limited company and working under that. What I am after is advice on accountants and any feedback on the ones I've seen so far.

Clearsky - looks ok but they are wanting me to go on the package at £200/month + VAT
    SJD - Only came across them last night but look ok and their rate is much better.
    Churchill Knight

Thanks
    James
    If only you knew how many times people ask that question...

Can I suggest Sir first tries using the search function in future. You may have then come up with the following thread:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by choppertastic View Post
      Hi everyone,

Churchill Knight

Thanks
      James

£200 does seem a high amount - it depends what extra's are being included but assuming you just need a standard accounting service you can get cheaper. What do they include for £200?
      SJD are very well established in the market and I have used & got a good service.

BTW - are we related ?

Comment

Hi James, I've been contracting a couple of years with a couple of accountants.

Try having a look at the list of approved accountants from https://www.waveapps.com/pro-network/search/ and Online Accounts Software for Accountants & Partners - FreeAgent - you might be able to find somebody local and a bit cheaper. Also both those packages make accounting really easy if you're not going to be running a huge operation and you can switch to another accountant easier later if things change and you want to keep all the work you've done filing expenses and invoices the same.

Comment

Working...
        X