• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When it comes to IR35 Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Certainly sounds like the sort of thing he would say
    Well, he'd probably get the logic right: a white horse attempting to avoid White Horse Tax by adding black stripes.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

The key problem for contractors is most of them, me included, are bums on seats and with some clever argument or mainly simply by not being spotted you can get away with it. The arguments for being outside are usually somewhat contrived but enough to convince an inspector or a judge, Every contractor has a substitution clause, but be honest, would it be there if it wasn´t for IR35. The 4 week argument is just one more argument to push a contractor off that knife edge, It is always going to be a nail-biter, unless you really are outside, i.e. work in your own office, fixed price projects etc.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The key problem for contractors is most of them, me included, are bums on seats and with some clever argument or mainly simply by not being spotted you can get away with it. The arguments for being outside are usually somewhat contrived but enough to convince an inspector or a judge, Every contractor has a substitution clause, but be honest, would it be there if it wasn´t for IR35. The 4 week argument is just one more argument to push a contractor off that knife edge, It is always going to be a nail-biter, unless you really are outside, i.e. work in your own office, fixed price projects etc.
        In a nutshell
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Concur - I don't like seeing notice clauses in contracts, but I never seem them as the most significant factor, just another issue to add weight one way or the other. Alas the tribunals may sometimes focus on them in a slightly maverick way.

Also there is always the trade off of a good IR35 clause versus commercial protection - often not easy bed fellows.

Comment

Working...
          X