• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tablets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
    And another who wanted to claim £1700 for a PC screen which turned out to be a 3DTV.
    I bought a TV for my home office and decided not to claim, since it will be connected to an aerial, even though it is used 90%+ as a 2nd monitor.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I have a genuine need to test on an iPhad, so I could buy one through the company. But of course you only save the 20%
    And the VAT if you're not on FRS...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It isn't tiresome, it is giving the OP both sides of the coin so he can make his decision. Alan is probably right but if you do it with this and then something else and something else the risk grows as does the potential penalty.
      How does the risk grow?

Unless you are being deliberately stupid then how is a HMRC inspector going to know?

I talked to a VAT inspector about some of my expenses and I was told I should have claimed them through my company as they were legit business expenses for that particular contract. So claiming a sat nav with or without specific features when you are doing a lot of driving to clients can be a legit claim.

However she did state that trying to claim your kids' Christmas presents isn't going to wash with any HMRC inspector.

This means buying a tablet when it has many legitimate business uses for a Computing Professional including just surfing the web will be ignored, but buying a 50 inch 3D TV will be looked at closely if your books get inspected.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X