• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No payment from umbrella co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No payment from umbrella co.

I've been contacted by umbrella company to work for offshore based client remotely - we've done initial paper work (contract, nda etc).

I've done my work and sent time sheet to the company - and then I haven't heart of them since.

They don't respond to my emails and I haven't received my payment - any advise on what to do next?

Thanks for any help
    Jack

Telephone?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Why are you wasting time posting stupid questions on here (in the wrong part of the forum) instead of using your time to batter their door down?

Some people are just not cut out for life let alone contracting.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Change umbrella company?
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Debt collection agency

Originally posted by Jacket View Post
          I've been contacted by umbrella company to work for offshore based client remotely - we've done initial paper work (contract, nda etc).

I've done my work and sent time sheet to the company - and then I haven't heart of them since.

They don't respond to my emails and I haven't received my payment - any advise on what to do next?

Thanks for any help
          Jack
          Telephone then formal letters then use a debt collection agency.

Are you sure the umbrella was a genuine business? Done any checks with companies house?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why are you wasting time posting stupid questions on here (in the wrong part of the forum) instead of using your time to batter their door down?

Harsh!

OP as suggested by SarahL & Sausage get on the telephone, right now, and ask them what is going on. If you don't like the answer or they give you some fluff about the cheque being in the post get a credit report on the umbrella (we recommend Riskdisk PAYG reports) and make sure that A) they are solvent and B) no one has issued a CCJ against them recently.

Then take a look at this handy infograpahic for a suggested time line for chasing down the money you are owed
            The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
              Harsh!
              I really don't see what is harsh about being flabergasted by someone that takes the time to register and post on an public forum instead of ringing the people that owe him money. At least I didn't use the term dumb.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I really don't see what is harsh about being flabergasted by someone that takes the time to register and post on an public forum instead of ringing the people that owe him money. At least I didn't use the term dumb.
                Er...

That was a bit harsh
                The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
                  Er...

That was a bit harsh
                  A bit harsh - really
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                  X