• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online invoicing software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online invoicing software

I'm looking for some online software to generate invoices on.

Why? because I travel a lot and I like the idea of a single portal which I can use to create invoices.

I've seen a lot...

Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Zoho, Invoicera, the list goes on.

Is anyone using a service like this and can comment?

Sage do an online version of instant accounts which I highly recommend.

Comment

crunch.co.uk offer a free invoice service.

Comment

Word + Dropbox + Print to PDF

What more do you need?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by deanosity View Post
          crunch.co.uk offer a free invoice service.
          Plus they do tax calculations for you. (Granted I do my own but its nice to know that they tally)
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Word + Dropbox + Print to PDF

What more do you need?
            A less antiquated way of working? I already have Google Docs, I can store and send all of my invoices, but it's time consuming and a pain in the arse.

I have 4-5 clients that I currently invoice with a few more in the pipe line. With an online system it should be a breeze... just not sure which one to go for.

Comment

The free service offered by Crunch is a full on-line accounting package, but I suppose you could just use it to create invoices. It's actually very efficient, when I do a monthly invoice I just clone the previous one, which has a line-item for each week, then all I need to do is customise the hours on each line-item according to the current timesheet.

Comment

Some new ones I found that are highly reccomended:

Xero, Kashflow .... it gets harder and harder to work out what to get. I've got free trials coming out of my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
                  Some new ones I found that are highly reccomended:

Xero, Kashflow .... it gets harder and harder to work out what to get. I've got free trials coming out of my arse.
                  I'm with Crunch for my own business - freelancing. I like it all except for bank reconciliation which usually takes a bit longer than doing it manually at year end. But at least it stays up to date so you can see exactly what you owe the tax man - and more importantly what dividend you can take. (Which reminds me to switch bank accounts to Carter Allen to get a better file output than barclays that allow recon to be done automatically).

Xero and Kashflow are a bit feature rich for a freelancer - but if you plan to run a "plan B" business with real sales at some point it might be worth using them. I'm going to be using BrightPearl for my other halfs business if you fancy something along those lines. Brightpearl does the whole shebang rather than relying on integrations from other suppliers - as someone who's spent many years doing integration work - I know how hard it can be to get things working - even when the stuff is from the same company!
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                    I'm with Crunch for my own business - freelancing. I like it all except for bank reconciliation which usually takes a bit longer than doing it manually at year end. But at least it stays up to date so you can see exactly what you owe the tax man - and more importantly what dividend you can take. (Which reminds me to switch bank accounts to Carter Allen to get a better file output than barclays that allow recon to be done automatically).

Xero and Kashflow are a bit feature rich for a freelancer - but if you plan to run a "plan B" business with real sales at some point it might be worth using them. I'm going to be using BrightPearl for my other halfs business if you fancy something along those lines. Brightpearl does the whole shebang rather than relying on integrations from other suppliers - as someone who's spent many years doing integration work - I know how hard it can be to get things working - even when the stuff is from the same company!
                    Can any of them take a paypal transaction payment and create an appropriate invoice. I desperately need something like that for plan b and the only option I can see is a £700 3rd party extension for sage 50.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X