• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Online invoicing software"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    I'm with Crunch for my own business - freelancing. I like it all except for bank reconciliation which usually takes a bit longer than doing it manually at year end. But at least it stays up to date so you can see exactly what you owe the tax man - and more importantly what dividend you can take. (Which reminds me to switch bank accounts to Carter Allen to get a better file output than barclays that allow recon to be done automatically).

Xero and Kashflow are a bit feature rich for a freelancer - but if you plan to run a "plan B" business with real sales at some point it might be worth using them. I'm going to be using BrightPearl for my other halfs business if you fancy something along those lines. Brightpearl does the whole shebang rather than relying on integrations from other suppliers - as someone who's spent many years doing integration work - I know how hard it can be to get things working - even when the stuff is from the same company!
    Can any of them take a paypal transaction payment and create an appropriate invoice. I desperately need something like that for plan b and the only option I can see is a £700 3rd party extension for sage 50.

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    Some new ones I found that are highly reccomended:

Xero, Kashflow .... it gets harder and harder to work out what to get. I've got free trials coming out of my arse.
    I'm with Crunch for my own business - freelancing. I like it all except for bank reconciliation which usually takes a bit longer than doing it manually at year end. But at least it stays up to date so you can see exactly what you owe the tax man - and more importantly what dividend you can take. (Which reminds me to switch bank accounts to Carter Allen to get a better file output than barclays that allow recon to be done automatically).

Xero and Kashflow are a bit feature rich for a freelancer - but if you plan to run a "plan B" business with real sales at some point it might be worth using them. I'm going to be using BrightPearl for my other halfs business if you fancy something along those lines. Brightpearl does the whole shebang rather than relying on integrations from other suppliers - as someone who's spent many years doing integration work - I know how hard it can be to get things working - even when the stuff is from the same company!

Leave a comment:

• dogzilla
    replied
    Some new ones I found that are highly reccomended:

Xero, Kashflow .... it gets harder and harder to work out what to get. I've got free trials coming out of my arse.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    The free service offered by Crunch is a full on-line accounting package, but I suppose you could just use it to create invoices. It's actually very efficient, when I do a monthly invoice I just clone the previous one, which has a line-item for each week, then all I need to do is customise the hours on each line-item according to the current timesheet.

Leave a comment:

• dogzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Word + Dropbox + Print to PDF

What more do you need?
    A less antiquated way of working? I already have Google Docs, I can store and send all of my invoices, but it's time consuming and a pain in the arse.

I have 4-5 clients that I currently invoice with a few more in the pipe line. With an online system it should be a breeze... just not sure which one to go for.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by deanosity View Post
    crunch.co.uk offer a free invoice service.
    Plus they do tax calculations for you. (Granted I do my own but its nice to know that they tally)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Word + Dropbox + Print to PDF

What more do you need?

Leave a comment:

• deanosity
    replied
    crunch.co.uk offer a free invoice service.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Sage do an online version of instant accounts which I highly recommend.

Leave a comment:

• dogzilla
    started a topic Online invoicing software

Online invoicing software

I'm looking for some online software to generate invoices on.

Why? because I travel a lot and I like the idea of a single portal which I can use to create invoices.

I've seen a lot...

Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Zoho, Invoicera, the list goes on.

Is anyone using a service like this and can comment?

Working...
X