• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Billing for travel time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your day is made longer by travelling then don't expect to bill for it unless it's agreed... a day rate covers this since they pay expenses.

If you spend an additional day travelling I'd expect to count that as a day worked - flying to the US for example. That's worth fighting over.

If you have to catch a flight in the evening or something to be there for the next day... 50:50 in my book. It could be considered part of the job, especially if you have the option to travel at 4am the next day or something.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As others have said what the client and agent do amongst themselves is neither illegal or none of your business.

If it was me:-

1. A few extra hours travelling - let this one slide or at just take a few hours one friday afternoon. If they moaned about this then I'd be leaving the house at 9am in future and.or making sure I'm at destination by 5pm.

2. If its a day long trip then, assuming its a week day, there's no way in a trillion years I'd swallow this as a non-billable day and lose money over it.

In fact, even if they want me to travel on weekend it now becomes an extra billable day. If they dont want to pay the extra day, I'll travel in the week but see above.

3. If agency dont like - tough tulipe.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X