• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant wanted for opinion on SMP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant wanted for opinion on SMP

Hello

I am looking for an accountant with experience on SMP for a Company Director. I am about to go on maternity leave and need some advise in terms of paying myself a bonus to increase my SMP. My accountant can't help me.

thanks,
    Michelle

Originally posted by michelle77 View Post
    Hello

I am looking for an accountant with experience on SMP for a Company Director. I am about to go on maternity leave and need some advise in terms of paying myself a bonus to increase my SMP. My accountant can't help me.

thanks,
    Michelle
    Why can't your accountant help?

Comment

Hello

thanks,
      Michelle
      SJD or Nixon Williams - take your pick but you'll have to pay!

Comment

I hope you'll be withholding payment from your accountant in that case, if they can't help you on something like this.

Comment

maternity site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/ - Google Search

Could you tell me where to send my invoice please.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello

thanks,
            Michelle
            Hi Michelle,

If your accountant doesn't know, have you asked to speak to their payroll department?

They would have to deal with this quite often, I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              SJD or Nixon Williams - take your pick but you'll have to pay!
              Or InTouch .... They have a big orange banner at the top of my screen right how!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan SJD Accountancy View Post
                Hi Michelle,

If your accountant doesn't know, have you asked to speak to their payroll department?

They would have to deal with this quite often, I would expect.
                Not less than every 9 months for each client I hope!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Or InTouch .... They have a big orange banner at the top of my screen right how!
                  Funny - I got Pele and Erectile Dysfunction there - are CUK targeting me? I am 51 but I can maintain a good erection so I feel it rather unfair....

I have one now in fact....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Funny - I got Pele and Erectile Dysfunction there - are CUK targeting me? I am 51 but I can maintain a good erection so I feel it rather unfair....

I have one now in fact....
                    Had one I should now say....

Comment

Working...
                    X