• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income protection for contracts ending prematurely

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income protection for contracts ending prematurely

Hi, I have a feeling my contract will end prematurely as the working is drying up.

I've seen a lot of different types of insurance for contracts but none so far that offer income protection for if the contract ends early. Does such a thing exist? And if so, is it "compatible" with my being under a brolly co?

Thanks

Jonny

Your savings (what we call a warchest) is the only protection against being benched.

I don't know of any insurance that pays out if you're a contractor (Ltd or umbrella) - that's the nature of the work, afterall.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It would be nice though Contractors 'out of work' day rate insurance

Hello, is that the insurance company ? My contracted has ended early, I'd like to claim £500/day.

Certainly sir, and when do you expect to source and win another contract ?

Dunno, when do you stop paying ??
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

From Google

Guide to Income Protection Insurance for IT Contractors :: Contractor UK

From ContractorUK previous threads...

income protection site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/ - Google Search

I thought this was to protect your income when you are sick or can't work. If you contract is comig to an end the best income protection you can have is to get of your arse and get another gig IMO.

You are with a brolly and want income protection? Sounds more like permie land is for you my son!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X