• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tax question - working in norway and prague

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax question - working in norway and prague

hi all,

ive been contracting in norway since last november, and im now in prague. Since theyn ive been in the uk for probably 8 weekends, plus a full week. I paid tax in norway from day 1, and have been in prague from day 1. Havent payed any uk tax since october when i was made redundant.

Do you know what situation I would be in with regards to tax in the uk?. I know there is a double tax treaty, but im hoping im out of the country long enough to avoid the hassle.

I do have a home in the uk, which my girlfriend and 2 children live in, if this complicates thingfs.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...rague-tax.html

Prague Tax issues - working as a Contractor - Czech Republic

Expats.cz for Jobs in Prague - Prague Real Estate in the Czech Republic

contractor prague tax - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks

Reading through them now.

My main question though is if it is possible for me to register as a non uk resident, as i will not be in the uk more than 80 odd days a year, and I do not intend to ever go back permanently. I will be here in prague for at least 18 months.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X