• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual Accounts incorrect 2 years in a row

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I haven't seen as many of those, but I am happy to stand corrected.

Just as an aside, I don't think people should be able to come on here and publicly knock a firm, without having got an answer from the company first. It does assume that we as contractors are always in the right.

As a consultant, I wouldn't be happy if I received a public slating for my work - when the client hadn't tried to sort it out with me first.
    That's rather the point. If anyone does start a war against any company the first question has to be "Have you spoken to them?". Otherwise, in a competetive world, you have to query the motives of the various OPs; some may be genuine, but how can you tell?

As for SJD, I've used them for years; they, like my bank, are largely invisible and only appear when you need them (and when the invoice is due... ) which is what I pay them for.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi all,

I was happy enough to let this thread die as I've been contacted by PM (which wasn't my intention).

Although obvious who the accountancy firm was from the spreadsheet reference - I wasn't out to name and shame but it was in part frustration and in part to get a feel for if I've just been unlucky.

I'm about to do a complete a thorough check of my accounts to ensure I'm happy that everything is as it should be, then I'll await the full response from the firm to determine my next course of action.

I'm in no way an expert on these things and I'm still learning as I go after a couple of years and I've screwed up a few things, which I noted and passed on to the accountant when I became aware of those simple mistakes.

But did I catch all my errors? Have I done something inefficently that could be improved through some clever accounting? These are the value add services I initially expected , that possibly when I submit for a quarterly someone would give them a quick glance and phone to say - eerm NAS - you've messed up there or did you know that.....

Anyway, off to spend an hour trawling figures....and to live in hope that I get more than just a new set of accounts from the service provider.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments

You may have seen a lack of Clare this week! Only because she's on annual leave, and for once, is not working!
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Higgs Boson View Post
          I haven't seen as many of those, but I am happy to stand corrected.

Just as an aside, I don't think people should be able to come on here and publicly knock a firm, without having got an answer from the company first. It does assume that we as contractors are always in the right.

As a consultant, I wouldn't be happy if I received a public slating for my work - when the client hadn't tried to sort it out with me first.
          Totally this for me. I find it annoying people will say this firm is rubbish on the actions of one person. I have lost count the number of people that came on here slating their accountant who then came on and handed his ass on a plate to him. Hilarious.

Christ if everyone judged contractors by the actions of some of the numpties that post on here we would be dead in the water!

Even agents need to be cut some slack. The blacklist thread makes me uncomfortable. To name a whole business just because one guy is a bit slap dash (which is their job to be to be honest) is a bit tight.

I don't think the OP has done anything too wrong with his rant. He did try and keep it slightly anonymous. Seen a lot worse on here.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nixon Williams all the way, have yet to come across anyone better.

I've recommended a few friends who have moved to them and they've all been happy too.

Comment

Working...
            X