• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Draft Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluwe
    "I doubt, for example, your employer is paying any more gross for your services than before."

How do you work that out?.
    What other reason is there for him to support the change of you from employee to contractor? It absolves him of any responsibility for you, saves him administration, SSP provision and holiday pay and takes you out of scope of his insurances and pension provisions.

Originally posted by bluwe
    "So sorry, mate, but you are why we real contractors have to manage IR35 in the first place."

I haven't given my client a contract or taken any action yet so don't tar me with that brush.
    Well I will actually. Stopping work as an employee and the doing exactly the same thing as a contractor is precisely why we have IR35 and why the Dacas judgement has further screwed up our market by frightening clients with tales of contractors claiming employment rights.

Put it another way - if you want to keep the same job, stay permanent: to do anything else makes little practical sense since all you are doing is giving away a degree of certainty for no real gain by the time you've covered off all the things that employees get. If you want to go freelance, do it properly
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X