• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working In Holland - HELP Required Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working In Holland - HELP Required Please

Hello All

I am starting a contract on the 10th September in Holland. This is a 3 month rolling contract which will probably last for approximately 2 years.

I would like some advise on the most tax efficient way of collecting my salary.

I have spoken to various accountants and due to the fact that I will be in the Netherlands over 183 days a Limited UK company I am told is not viable.

Therefore I would like to know if anybody has any details of a dutch umbrella company or decent accountant (Amsterdam) who knows how to deal with these situations. I know that I am eligible for 30% ruling and can use a local payroll provider but I don't think that this will be the most tax efficient way of operating.

I really appreciate all your help.

many thanks

a) Putting Help in a title is just lame. What difference do you think it makes?
    b) Have you tried searching the forums?

Go to the Welcome FAQ section. Read the sticky on how to search the fora using google and then try a search.

When you have digested that then come and ask a question.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Mate or whatever your name is do you not think that I have searched the forum first???? Yes I have and have found little information for somebody in my situation.

I do not want to waste anybody's time and hence my initial investigations.

Please can anybody help apart from northerladuk

Appreciated as always

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      a) Putting Help in a title is just lame. What difference do you think it makes?
      b) Have you tried searching the forums?

Go to the Welcome FAQ section. Read the sticky on how to search the fora using google and then try a search.

When you have digested that then come and ask a question.

Comment

and the following links are of no use to you?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...l-payroll.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...therlands.html

IT Contracting in The Netherlands: Money & Tax :: Contractor UK

Comment

I take that all back northernladuk you have helped me a great deal - many thanks and sorry for the abuse

Comment

Originally posted by trojanmc70 View Post
            I take that all back northernladuk you have helped me a great deal - many thanks and sorry for the abuse
            You got him to do what you wanted. Good work.

Comment

There was a load of other stuff talking about the tax situation but didn't actually name any umbrellas I didn't post so you might want to review to see if it clears up any other questions you had about working over there. Search I used was

dutch umbrella site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal - Google Search

You could also look at

Holland site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal - Google Search

Comment

welcome to my world

Originally posted by trojanmc70 View Post
                Hello All

I am starting a contract on the 10th September in Holland. This is a 3 month rolling contract which will probably last for approximately 2 years.

I would like some advise on the most tax efficient way of collecting my salary.

I have spoken to various accountants and due to the fact that I will be in the Netherlands over 183 days a Limited UK company I am told is not viable.

Therefore I would like to know if anybody has any details of a dutch umbrella company or decent accountant (Amsterdam) who knows how to deal with these situations. I know that I am eligible for 30% ruling and can use a local payroll provider but I don't think that this will be the most tax efficient way of operating.

I really appreciate all your help.

many thanks

I use these people

A2Z Payrolling > Home

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                  You got him to do what you wanted. Good work.
                  I wish his manager would make him do some work.

Comment

Working...
                  X