• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going direct with client...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChestyLaRue View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I did mention to my hiring manager re: the 45 day payment terms however he said it would be difficult to change it. Its quite a large company so I am not worried about the credit rating etc, just that when summat does go wrong it's harder to find the right person to fix it.

Cheers

C
    When you get started try to meet/talk with the accounts person responsible for processing your invoice. Your reason is that you want to make sure you follow procedure/rules for invoicing correctly and thus not add to their already problematic job. Turn on the charm if you can.

Subsequently, if payment is delayed you can save much time by going directly to the person resonsible for issuing payment. It is then much easier to establish where in the chain there is a hold up (maybe two signatures are required to authorise a work/time sheet and one of them is nearly always off base or maybe you forgot to put the purchase order number on the invoice).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Taita; 31 August 2012, 16:48. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
    X