• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying wife salary as well as dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning this on its head, what is there to stop say a group of contractors wives getting together, forming a ltd company (called contractors are not us) and then charging their hubbies out at £300-500 a day on a consultancy basis. The ladies who set up said company will do what most small software business owners do.. nothing but pretend to be in meetings. If they are ladies who lunch it would suit them perfectly.

The guys can go to work and get paid a small salary. Say ££15k a year. Wife meanwhile can act as pimp looking for better gigs for you to go to. They can say "Ive got a memeber of staff available to do your s%*t for loads of wonga. Want me to send him over for a chat about how we can help?".

As registerd owners of said comanies it would be unfair to tell them they arent entitled to take money out as dividend. In fact most small business owners i know (aka proper trading businesses) the owners dont do much work these days, they employ people to do that, and pop their head in occasionally to make sure people are on time and not spending too long in the net. One guy i know is semi retired now and only pops in about 2 days a week and thats only for a couple of hours.
    Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

That would be legit but you realise dividends have to be split evenly per-share, so if one person is on £250/day and another on £500 you're a bit stuffed.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That would be legit but you realise dividends have to be split evenly per-share, so if one person is on £250/day and another on £500 you're a bit stuffed.
        Div's don't have to be split equally among different classes of shares...

Comment

Working...
        X