• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant from Glasgow, Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant from Glasgow, Scotland

Hi,

My Limited company is registered in England and Wales.

1. Can i appoint an accountant who has office and registered in Scotland?

2. Is there any accountant in Glasgow City centre, whom i can meet in person if i need to discuss in person.

I believe some big accountant companies are having office in Edinburgh and charging for more for travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Thanks.

Daniel from SJD who posts on here is from north of the border. Have a look at their website and you will find his contact details.

IMO you don't need an accountant on your doorstep. I have been with SJD for 4 years and never needed to meet my accountant.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As NLUK says.

The only downside I could see is that you couldn't use a Scottish accountant's office as your registered office or service address. SJD have a offices in England too though, so you may be able to use their Scottish accountant & their English office (worth asking Daniel if he's around).
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Software View Post
        My Limited company is registered in England and Wales. 1. Can i appoint an accountant who has office and registered in Scotland?
        It doesn't matter where your accountant is, but your company must have a registered address in England or Wales.

2. Is there any accountant in Glasgow City centre, whom i can meet in person if i need to discuss in person.
        I believe some big accountant companies are having office in Edinburgh and charging for more for travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
        Like NLUK says, it's rare that I would meet my accountant. Mostly they give rubbish advice anyway, I find out all I need to know from this forum.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Mostly they give rubbish advice anyway, I find out all I need to know from this forum.
          Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult

Comment

Hi,

My Limited company is registered in England and Wales.

1. Can i appoint an accountant who has office and registered in Scotland?

Thanks.
            Hi,

As NLUK has mentioned my name I thought I would respond.

My colleague Derek Napier covers that part of Scotland and would be more than happy to meet with you. Please note we charge the same fee to all our clients, where ever they are based.

Feel free to PM me and I'll happily put you in touch.
            http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

I'm with KJM who were "SJD Scotland" until a few years ago when Ken and Simon had a rather unseemly parting of the ways that involved confusion over who my actual contract was with (SJD Scotland as a trading name/franchise or with SJD themselves), emailing all "Scotland" customers with different bank account details etc.

I stayed with KJM in the end as Ken and his team were who I had always dealt with, though I was pretty annoyed at the time.

So far as I know, they haven't put a foot wrong.

I've never had to meet Ken or the team in person though but I'm sure you could if you had to.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult
                A compliment to you and the other good accountants here who take the time to give detailed answers backed up with references from HMRC's guidance when we ask (sometimes hair brained) questions and an insult to the "contractor accountants" who seek to put us on a one size fits all conveyor belt and refuse to recommend anything that's not in their script.

Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  A compliment to you and the other good accountants here who take the time to give detailed answers backed up with references from HMRC's guidance when we ask (sometimes hair brained) questions and an insult to the "contractor accountants" who seek to put us on a one size fits all conveyor belt and refuse to recommend anything that's not in their script.

back at you in that case!

Comment

Grants the Contractors Accountant

used for 15 years, very good indeed

GRANTS helps with IR35 and taxes

Comment

Working...
                    X