• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Struck Off Now restored Advice Please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Struck Off Now restored Advice Please?

Hi Everyone

Username is very apt!

I have been a Ltd Company since 2010. Well known accountancy firm with the full package including Companies House correspondance.
    Everything fine until I changed my address. What I now know as bad practice (signing blank forms and accountant completes the rest) happened. Accountant wrote the wrong house number which doesn't exist.
    Early May, my agency contacted me to say that payments were bouncing back to them. Contacted my bank to be told that my account had been suspended by Companies House and £16k taken by the Scottish Government. Contacted accountants who said "ooh! I think thats our fault" After speaking to his manager it wasn't their fault. On your own son!
    They did however send me a link to apply for Bona Vacantia. I did that and completed RT01.
    RT01 was sent back because I had written "not Applicable" on the blank bits. Also, I had written the correct house number instead of the wrong one.
    Crown Solicitor wrote back 3 weeks later to say that I had applied to the wrong place as I was in Scotland.
    Contacted the accountants and mention the word solicitor and all of a sudden they wanted to complete the forms for me. Guess what? They did it wrong too! The most helpful person in this whole stinking situation was the QLTR solicitor. She realised the runaround I was getting and called me at home to help me fix it. As time went on my accounts were due etc. Anyway, cutting a long saga short, my company was restored last week. I had to then open a new business account because they wouldn't unfreeze the old one. Money should be back in it this week.

Decided to go higher with the accountancy firm because I have had nothing to live on since the start of May, they lied to me to keep themselves out of trouble, my corporation tax of £9000 is overdue and vat is also due and I felt they owed me something for the £540 per quarter that I pay them.

Recieved a phone call telling me that this one and that one is being hauled over the coals. Not much good to me though. He said that if I can prove unplanned borrowing etc then they will cover the interest. (I have had to borrow from family too) My mortgage payments are £1500 per month. They will cover the interest and fines on late payments for corporation tax and Vat. I asked him why I should pay their fees when my company was struck off and he said they had still done their job as I continued working.

I'm a bit worried about how my credit rating will be affected by the account being suspended.

What do you guys think? Any advice appreciated!

Pete

Couldn't be bothered to read all that but re the credit rating question. Are you worried your personal credit rating will be affected by issues with you company account??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X