• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I within the charge to CT or not ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I within the charge to CT or not ?

Hi,

Started new ltd, on 27th April 06, and got the form CT41G from IR this weekend, this form asks for company info regarding corp tax. It says I only need to provide the info if 'I am within the charge to CT.

Im not sure if I am within the charge to CT, I dont use the company yet and have no revenue going through it, so I think Im not, BUT the letter from IR says Im in CT from the start of my first accounting period, Im not sure if I am, and if I am how can I change it as when I rang CH they said I couldnt. On the CS reg my company details are,

Date of Incorporation: 27/04/2006

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
    None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 30/04
    Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
    Next Accounts Due: 27/02/2008
    Last Return Made Up To:
    Next Return Due: 25/05/2007

Am I in charge to CT ? If so what accounting date do I need to change to bring me out ? Dont fancy paying the £300 plus £60 a day fine. My accountant is not contactable for a bit so cant ask them.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ivor1; 6 June 2006, 15:15.

1. Fire your accountant and get one who is "available".

2. Don't sweat it. It's a year and a half until you have to pay CT.

3. If in doubt, send the form in anyway.

Comment

Send the form asap - saves a lot of heartache.

Don't worry too much about CT. They collect it ~ 9 months after your accounts should have been filed. Just make sure you have the money there then from last year's profits or you're screwed as well.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Thing is I dont have the info they require yet if I am within the charge to CT, PAYE refence and all that. I will probably just send them the letter saying Im not, but think I will be in Aug, based on the info on my company on the CH register do people think Im with CT ?

This is link to the note they sent me, that last section bottom page 1 covers whether you are you are within ct or not

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ctsa/ct41g-notes-08-05.pdf

Comment

[QUOTE=Gunnery Sergeant Hartman]1
          2. Don't sweat it. It's a year and a half until you have to pay CT.

QUOTE]

So if I close my company down within a year & a half do I still have to pay CT?

Comment

What do you think?

I guess you're not called Benny for nothing.

Comment

Why are you called Master?

Comment

eye be aspiring to be a spanner head Mr Hunter he sayz i can help in the garage and give Miss Diane a good service

Comment

Just be careful you lot. You wouldn't want my Tissue Compression Eliminator to go off while I was cleaning it would you?

Comment

Working...
                  X