• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Am I within the charge to CT or not ?"

Collapse

• The Master
    replied
    Just be careful you lot. You wouldn't want my Tissue Compression Eliminator to go off while I was cleaning it would you?

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    eye be aspiring to be a spanner head Mr Hunter he sayz i can help in the garage and give Miss Diane a good service

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Why are you called Master?

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    What do you think?

I guess you're not called Benny for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    [QUOTE=Gunnery Sergeant Hartman]1
    2. Don't sweat it. It's a year and a half until you have to pay CT.

QUOTE]

So if I close my company down within a year & a half do I still have to pay CT?

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Thing is I dont have the info they require yet if I am within the charge to CT, PAYE refence and all that. I will probably just send them the letter saying Im not, but think I will be in Aug, based on the info on my company on the CH register do people think Im with CT ?

This is link to the note they sent me, that last section bottom page 1 covers whether you are you are within ct or not

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ctsa/ct41g-notes-08-05.pdf

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Send the form asap - saves a lot of heartache.

Don't worry too much about CT. They collect it ~ 9 months after your accounts should have been filed. Just make sure you have the money there then from last year's profits or you're screwed as well.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    replied
    1. Fire your accountant and get one who is "available".

2. Don't sweat it. It's a year and a half until you have to pay CT.

3. If in doubt, send the form in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    started a topic Am I within the charge to CT or not ?

Am I within the charge to CT or not ?

Hi,

Started new ltd, on 27th April 06, and got the form CT41G from IR this weekend, this form asks for company info regarding corp tax. It says I only need to provide the info if 'I am within the charge to CT.

Im not sure if I am within the charge to CT, I dont use the company yet and have no revenue going through it, so I think Im not, BUT the letter from IR says Im in CT from the start of my first accounting period, Im not sure if I am, and if I am how can I change it as when I rang CH they said I couldnt. On the CS reg my company details are,

Date of Incorporation: 27/04/2006

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
    None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 30/04
    Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
    Next Accounts Due: 27/02/2008
    Last Return Made Up To:
    Next Return Due: 25/05/2007

Am I in charge to CT ? If so what accounting date do I need to change to bring me out ? Dont fancy paying the £300 plus £60 a day fine. My accountant is not contactable for a bit so cant ask them.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ivor1; 6 June 2006, 15:15.

Working...
X