• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time for a new sub-category for EBT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time for a new sub-category for EBT?

We have one for Umbrella companies, any chance of the same for an EBT? Then the rest of us Lurkers don't have to read yet another post about giving yourself a loan from earned income.

I don't think so. There is nothing to discuss like there is for umbrellas. There are two stickies on the subject and plenty of in formation in the news about them right now. Don't see what else there is to add.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I don't think so. There is nothing to discuss like there is for umbrellas. There are two stickies on the subject and plenty of in formation in the news about them right now. Don't see what else there is to add.
      Gallery of rogues
      Gallery of mugs

Comment

There may be nothing to discuss, but it seems to get a lot of discussion. This forum should be for Accounting/Legal not for tax avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Higgs Boson View Post
          There may be nothing to discuss, but it seems to get a lot of discussion. This forum should be for Accounting/Legal not for tax avoidance.
          Agreed but most of it is from new posters that haven't done any research first. If they did their research properly most of the posts we see would not be required.

Comment

Agreed but most of it is from new posters that haven't done any research first. If they did their research properly most of the posts we see would not be required.
            Maybe we need a forum where newbies post stupid questions and you shout at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Maybe we need a forum where newbies post stupid questions and you shout at them?
              I was being more polite - but that was pretty much the intention.

We could move all of the EBT stickies into a new forum and have one sticky on this forum that has the heading "If you want to ask a question about an EBT - look 2 inches above this thread."

Comment

Originally posted by Higgs Boson View Post
                I was being more polite - but that was pretty much the intention.

We could move all of the EBT stickies into a new forum and have one sticky on this forum that has the heading "If you want to ask a question about an EBT - look 2 inches above this thread."
                Believe me that does not work. People still post questions about umbrella and SC clearance regardless of what you do. We have a specific welcome thread and someone still posted a general welcome post in here only this week.

Comment

Believe me that does not work. People still post questions about umbrella and SC clearance regardless of what you do. We have a specific welcome thread and someone still posted a general welcome post in here only this week.
                  http://forums.contractoruk.com/ebt

Comment

Working...
                  X