• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Company Address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Company Address

Im moving and need to change the registered address of my company. Does anyone know how long it will take to update on ch company register, so that if anyone checked with CH they would see my new address ? Also will CH let th IR know or do I need to do that ?

Ive got some company paper work being procesed at moment and that uses my the old company address, I think the paper work in question may involve the recipent checking my details on the ch company register and my registered address.

Yeah I know its a mess but circumstances were beyond my control
    Last edited by Ivor1; 3 June 2006, 18:18.

Tell everyone everything twice - and get mail forwarding set up at your old address.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

There's a form you can download from the Companies House website, it takes around 6 weeks to get processsed. There's another one for Hector but since they work out of so many different offices, be prepared for writing half a dozen follow up notifications!

Thing I found worked was to get 6-months mail forwarding from the Post Orifice and track anything that arrives with the Redirection label then write to them. It is terrifying how many people you have to get in touch with.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

yeah I'm in the process of doing that now. It's a job and a half. So far:

- Company reg
        - PAYE office
        - Local tax office (corp tax reg)
        - Update all contacts

etc etc.

I'm doing a runner on my rental as it's a rat infested tulip hole and I'd rather lose the £1k deposit than risk my family's health any more.

Comment

Cheers , 6 weeks thats a long time.

What Im really worried about is I got a letter yesterday from the IR regarding 'Corpoation Tax Notes For New Companies' form CT41G, I have to supply them some info within three months of my accounting period starting, if not they charge £300 plus £60 a day after until they get it.

The form says I need to let them know certain info when the company comes within the charge to CT, and this is when the companies accounting period first starts by aquiring a source of income, starts in business.

I am in the process of setting everything up now, the company is setup and registered on 27th April, and I have accountant etc, Ive not yet sent in the VAT forms as it took a while for the bus bank account to be sorted, Ive not invoiced or anything through it yet all my income is going through the umberalla IM currently working through, I have no contracts going through my new company yet, based on this am I in the 'charge to CT' ? I remeber accountant telling me I can change my accounting period at any time, may be that is in reference to the fact Ive not started invoicing through it.

What I was going to do was wait till I moved on the 16th June, then send the company change of address in, then straight after send all the other paperwork in using the new address, not sure that will be possible now if it takes 6 weeks for ch to update there records. Option 2 WAS set up everything under my old address and just hope the royal mail forward on everything, then when things settle down change the company address. Problem is PO wont allow you to redirect both personel and business mail from the same address.

"We can't redirect business mail if you apply for a home redirection."
          Last edited by Ivor1; 4 June 2006, 13:14.

Comment

The CT41G is normally issued about a month after registering the company. Don't worry about it too much - you can phone and request another one to another address.

I've not VAT reg'd yet - need to soon though otherwise I'm going to get in trouble!

If you want to change your accounting period (which is by default one year after the company was formed), it's a simple form. Make sure it ties in with what you put on the CT41G or you're in the poo. Accounting period should be the date you first do paid work for the company (PAYE should match too but it's not that much of a problem).

Just remember one thing: The tax offices are actually really nice and flexible and helpful unless you cock up deliberately!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              The CT41G is normally issued about a month after registering the company. Don't worry about it too much - you can phone and request another one to another address.

I've not VAT reg'd yet - need to soon though otherwise I'm going to get in trouble!

If you want to change your accounting period (which is by default one year after the company was formed), it's a simple form. Make sure it ties in with what you put on the CT41G or you're in the poo. Accounting period should be the date you first do paid work for the company (PAYE should match too but it's not that much of a problem).

Just remember one thing: The tax offices are actually really nice and flexible and helpful unless you cock up deliberately!
              Cheers Monkey

Regarding the CT41G form, my company is inactive at the moment, so on the form it says I can just send it back saying Im inactive and when I expect it to start operating, this is what I plan to do. As you said my accounting period started the day company was incorparated I rang CH and they said I cant change that, does that mean Im active then, I thought I was inactive ? They said I could change the end date which I dont get as I thought the end date was 12 months from start.

Comment

Working...
              X