• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking out a business bond account with Santander

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking out a business bond account with Santander

Hi All,

I am thinking of taking out a 1 year business bond with Santander, I think its for 3%. Anything I should be worried about here, I understand its tax free.

I have no immediate plans for the money, its sitting in the bank with literally 0% interest rate.

Thoughts please

Pretty sure you'll be paying corporation tax on the 3% gain

I took a bond out a year or so ago and that was how I believe the accountant put it through the books

Comment

Why do you think it is tax free? The site says 'Interest will be paid in line with you tax status' so are assuming your situation will make it tax free?

Also meantions AER is gross and it is actually 2.4% net.

Could someone clarrify the tax situation with this?

1 Year Fixed Rate Business Bond: Santander

EDIT : Saying that I can't use it as I am a Santader customer. It mentions payments must come out of a business account outside the Santander group. Bah
      Last edited by northernladuk; 15 June 2012, 12:45.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would agree with northernlad here. If 3% were received into your Limited Company this would then form part of any company profit.

Assuming your profits dictate a 20% corporation tax rate this would leave 2.4% net. This then also assumes personal tax would not further reduce this when it comes to profit withdrawal.

Comment

This is what I do, I put all my CT from the year in December into a 1 year bond. Only worth a few hundred quid a year, but it all helps.

Comment

what happens if they go pop?

Comment

Working...
            X