• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco mobile phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco mobile phones

I want to buy a new phone and put it through the business but Tesco mobile have told me they can't put it in the name of a business. I can't understand the reasons for this and neither did they. Has anyone managed to do this through telcos as their deals are much better than anyone else

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I want to buy a new phone and put it through the business but Tesco mobile have told me they can't put it in the name of a business. I can't understand the reasons for this and neither did they. Has anyone managed to do this through telcos as their deals are much better than anyone else
    Well Tesco mobile is re-badged O2 stuff but Tesco are a consumer market so not really surprising TEsco don't want to handle business stuff, not their area of business.

Just go to O2 or someone else and get a business tariff.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Possibly because it will be in the terms of thier mvno agreement with O2. O2 might see the business market as very lucrative and so not want to hand any of it to the MVNOs perhaps? If it's not writtne into that original contract then access to the business billing systems will not be there anyway.

Not that this is from specific knowledge of the O2 / Tesco contract, just an educated guess.
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        Don't think you can get a personal contract on the name of your company, I'd say you have to go for a business contract. I went for T-mobile in the end, they had the cheapest I could find at the moment.

Cheers
        C

Comment

Working...
        X