• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Close or not to close

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close or not to close

Hi all,

I did my Uk Ltd company 5 months ago with an online service called nvkgroup.co.uk, I'm not Uk resident.
    They were very fast and gave me all the files about company number, etc but it seems they have a lot of clients and have no time to answer all my questions regarding my company.

It's like just an accountants service without support of any kind. They said that if i want more specific support they charge as every accountant in Uk, 250 punds per hour...

They said they will introduce me to a bank for a bank account but i don't why, the bank refused my account opening and the company just replied that it's not their fault. This can be true but no answer about how to solve this situation...

I found on a local business magazine the link to the FREE Company Formation | Business Registration | Sole Trader Businesses -TheCompanyWarehouse.co.uk but reading this forum i red they have a very bad bad service....

Now the question is...what i have to do in the way to manage my company in Uk? Is there any service I can trust? Is there any accountant who can help me with managing my company?
    Can I open a bank account in Uk for my Uk company?

Do I have to close my company and setup a new one? I'm totally lost...

Thanks for your kind replies,
    M

Originally posted by Isedo View Post
    Hi all,

I did my Uk Ltd company 5 months ago with an online service called nvkgroup.co.uk, I'm not Uk resident.
    They were very fast and gave me all the files about company number, etc but it seems they have a lot of clients and have no time to answer all my questions regarding my company.

It's like just an accountants service without support of any kind. They said that if i want more specific support they charge as every accountant in Uk, 250 punds per hour...

They said they will introduce me to a bank for a bank account but i don't why, the bank refused my account opening and the company just replied that it's not their fault. This can be true but no answer about how to solve this situation...

I found on a local business magazine the link to the FREE Company Formation | Business Registration | Sole Trader Businesses -TheCompanyWarehouse.co.uk but reading this forum i red they have a very bad bad service....

Now the question is...what i have to do in the way to manage my company in Uk? Is there any service I can trust? Is there any accountant who can help me with managing my company?
    Can I open a bank account in Uk for my Uk company?

Do I have to close my company and setup a new one? I'm totally lost...

Thanks for your kind replies,
    M
    A lot of very important questions of which all should be answered specifically to you own circumstances.

All accountants have different opinions and ideas on how you should or shouldn't operate your company, as do the regular contractor posters on this forum so i won't go into any details here.
    My advice is to choose an accountant, meet them face to face and discuss these queries with them. Once you've met them you can decide on if the advice is sound and then make the decision on whether to proceed with them.

A good accountant will earn their fee in saved tax money.
    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Hi M,

A few quick questions that might help clarify your position regarding the banks;
      (1) Where in the world do you live?
      (2) Are you eligible to work in the UK (regardless of whether you live here or not)?
      2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I live in Italy now but I'm not Italian.
        So i think there is no problem in working with Uk. In particular way my company operate mostly on-line.

Thanks for your time,
        M.

P.s. Can u suggest some good accountant? No idea how to find one serious from here.

Comment

What is your nationality? If you are an EU citizen, then you have an entitlement to work in the UK. If you're not, then you don't have the right to work in the UK. The UK is not part of Schengen. So if you're on a Schengen visa, you've no right to enter the UK.

One of the directors of a UK ltd company must be resident in the UK.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Isedo View Post
            i don't why, the bank refused my account opening and the company just replied that it's not their fault. This can be true but no answer about how to solve this situation..
            It's most likely because you aren't a UK resident and you have no credit history here so they are concerned about money laundering or fraud.

You just have to approach every bank in the UK till you get an account. If your bank in Italy is part of a banking group that operates in the UK and you have a good credit history then that may be helpful.

Alternatively, you could try opening a bank account for your company (denominated in £) in Italy though this will probably get you lots of difficult questions.

NotAllThere makes some good points too. If you don't have the right to live and work in the UK then you will have difficulty too.....
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              What is your nationality? If you are an EU citizen, then you have an entitlement to work in the UK. If you're not, then you don't have the right to work in the UK. The UK is not part of Schengen. So if you're on a Schengen visa, you've no right to enter the UK.

One of the directors of a UK ltd company must be resident in the UK.

Yes I am, I'm Czech. So I can right? Which is the reason a bank refuse the open a business bank account?
              Ok, red up, thanks for the reply to this question.

Comment

The accountant service whith which i was (no contract) sent me today this mail:

We regret to say you that we should cease providing accountancy services for your company and send a formal letter to The British Tax Office (HMRC). You must contact the British Tax Office yourself even your company is not active. Otherwise you will be penalise up to £11000.

I'm going to pay their last invoice and stop to work with them...e but just to know...this mail is something true or not?

If I open a BArkleys account in Italy...in some way that money will pass trough the italian territory, and this means Italian government may apply taxes on them right or not?

My company is in events, mostly online webbinars. Now suppose my client pays us for thats service, we emit a regular invoice and the client pay on our italian bank account. Can the Italian government in some way pretend taxes on these money?
                I think that if I own an Uk Ltd, is more crystal clear to have an Uk account.

I'm I wrong?
                Thanks for all guys!

Comment

I am struggling to understand why you even need a UK company??

You are providing virtual services using the internet, why not use either a Czech or Italian company? You can charge in Euros. You can still invoice VAT if it is appropriate. How have you been operating up until now?

Comment

Hi, i choosed Uk company because the Uk taxes system is more flexible and easier to manage than the italian one. I'm also planing to do events in UK and rest of europe so the italian system is not my first choice. Just an example. With an Uk Ltd you pay taxes if your company works. In the italian SRL you pay taxes even if your company do not works, and not just taxes. And I'm planing to move to Uk form now to 2 years so I'm looking for that place to.

Comment

Working...
                    X